The following are dress code options for Halloween and the Halloween Costume Contest on October 31st. Thank you for your cooperation and support. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me at 818-267-5900.
Things not acceptable:
1. No clown costumes of any kind.
2. No sexy/revealing outfits, tube tops, boxers, or spandex.
3. No sprays, scents, or trick substances that will interfere with classes and learning. Example: fake blood.
4. No objects having to do with violence. For example: weapons, replica weapons (real or fake), claws.
5. No gangster apparel; baggy pants, oversized shirts, bandanas, etc.
6. No masks or items, which cover your face.
7. No high heels or open-toe shoes/sandals.
Recommended costumes: Costumes exemplifying positive acts or characters.
1. Literary characters
2. Animal characters
3. Sports figures or historical figures (must have t-shirt under tank tops)
4. Creative or career costumes (teacher, doctor, chef, etc.) with positive meanings
The Valley Environmental Academy is now a School For Advanced Studies (SAS) and is currently accepting applications!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
If you would like to create and put money on your child's meal account, use the link below. This is a safe and convenient way for your child to get a meal on a daily basis.
Copy and paste the link below:
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is critical to the instructional budget of Van Nuys Middle School that all families complete a meal application.
Thank you in advance,
Cristina Serrano, Principal
We are currently accepting donations to help fund our Van Nuys Middle School website, our Garden Ranger Program, and our participation in an academic program modeled after the TV version of Jeopardy. Our goal is to raise $15,000!
A credentialed teacher will be available on the days and times below to help students with homework and more! For more information, contact Mrs. Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: 7:00 – 7:50 am
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Place: Room B51
Time: 3:15 – 4:15 pm
Days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
To apply for the YS Plus Program, return a completed application to our site coordinator, Darlene Ku.
Our Math/Science/Technology Magnet will accept 57 more students for the 2016-17 school year. Our new capacity total will be 255 students. Interested students and parents should call (818-267-5912) or email Mr. Joshual Rosenthal (email@example.com), Magnet Coordinator, today!
Sign up today to receive "VNMS Email News." Parents and Guardians will receive weekly updates of current events, important information, and meetings. Click on the headline above to access the online form.
Please, only sign up one time for this weekly email.
Our Drill Team participated in the SHARP National Drill and Dance Competitions in Las Vegas this weekend (4-22 to 4-24). They did very well!!
Thank you Ms. Carrie Phu for your guidance and support of our students!
Below are the placements of the various teams.
• Contemporary Dance- 1st place
• Short Flags- 1st place
• Tall Flags- 1st place
• Poms- 1st place
• Character Dance -1st place
• Props- 1st place
• Hip Hop- 2nd place
• Jazz Dance- 2nd place
• Lyrical Dance -3rd place